Introducing Gembird: 7! For 6, written in December 2012 in response to a call for scores by Kokoro and Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra for their South West Composers Day. A return to instrumental ensemble writing, this is a sextet which organically weaves colour and texture around a skeleton of musical patterns, which happen to be inspired by the number 5040 (which mathematicians will know as 7x6x5x4x3x2x1, or 7! for short). It is scored for flute, clarinet, violin, cello, piano and percussion (xylophone and tambourine, 1 player). Preview the score on the Portfolio page. Audio coming soon.
- New string quartet inspired by museum collections Monday 24 February 2020
- Three Choirs Festival this Friday Monday 29 July 2019
- ‘From Flanders’ at University of Exeter this Wednesday Monday 10 December 2018
- Meet the Contras Tuesday 19 June 2018
- Exeter ‘living room concert’ Saturday 14 April 2018